[W4FHU] Next Chester County Ham Radio Club meeting on 08/18/2016

Joel joel at cyberbest.com
Wed Aug 3 00:30:08 CDT 2016

Our next club meeting is Thursday
Aug 18 2016 7:00 PM

Henderson Fire Station
 Training room.
505 Sanford Street
Henderson, TN 38340

Our next club meeting presentation will be yet another hands on type
meeting. This month we will be doing some practice soldering so we are more
familiar with the required skills when we build a bit more complicated
projects in the next few month.  We will be soldering on a basic commercial
printed circuit board with plenty of room for mistakes. We will be
installing a few components to build a basic colored LED blinker.  This will
allow for everyone to not only hone their soldering skills, but to also
build something of interest.

The suggested tools we will need are:

*        Small wire cutters

*        Small Soldering iron

*        Solder

*        9 volt battery.

*        About a 2 foot square piece of cardboard to protect our work
surface.

We will provide the circuit board and other needed components.  If you don't
have all or even any of the above tools, don't let that stop you as we will
have a few spares to share.

Remember you don't have to have your Ham Radio license or be a member of our
club to attend any meeting.  Everyone with an interest in Electronics and/or
Ham Radio are welcome.

See you on the 18th.

Joe Loucka  AG4QC